We both lead active lives and I'm currently training for the BUPA 10K (which i'm struggling at being a burger and bad food lover) however, during this blogging diary we hope to give you some recipes and fitness tips which are helping us!
So lets get going....here's a nice little healthy pizza recipe which is quick and easy to do and since pizza express took there pancetta,leek and gorgonzola leggera off the menu we needed to create our own!
For the dough (makes one pizza tray thin crust) :
1) Get messy and add the flour and yeast to a mixing bowl and slowly introduce the water until you get a ball. Take ball and kneed on floured surface for 5 mins or until the ball looks like a perfectly formed bit of dough from dominos! Mmmm...dominos....this is so much healthier tho - atleast you know every ingredients that has gone into it unlike bread in subway..anyway....put the ball of dough back into your mixing bowl, cover with clingfilm and put somewhere warm for 30ish mins.
While this is proving (Mary Berry has taught me all i know) you can wack your oven to its top temp and get going on the tom sauce.
For the Tomato Sauce - Makes enough for 4 pizzas (Used left overs for a Jamie oliver recipe to follow:
2) Simply...add the ingredients to a blender until you have a nice runny paste.
For the topping:
3) Fry the bacon and leek in minimal oil until bacon is slightly coloured as it will cook in oven too.
4) Take your ball of dough and kneed on a floured surface then get a rolling pin and roll into any shape you want - we did two (one in a pizza tray and another rectangular one). Lightly brush your trays with oil and lay dough ontop.
5) Now the fun starts in assembling the pizza. Smother the pizza in your rich tomato sauce and then add your toppings and cheese.
6) Chuck in the oven for approx 15 mins or until dough is crispy and cheese is melted.
So here is the finished product...serve with a side salad or take out the middle and serve like pizza express! God i love pizza express! Make a change to ketchup or mayo with your pizza and drizzle on some pizza express dressing...delicious!
So...do you reckon you could give this ago? Great Friday night treat and remember - you know exactly what has gone into this!!